Friday, December 30, 2011

Court of Public Opinion Pt 4 of 9


     In June of 2002, after my ex’s lies, manipulation, move-outs and cheating, I finally said that’s it. On Mother’s Day night, we sat on our living room floor and while watching Sex In The City, we filled out our divorce papers and the next day I filed. After school that day, we sat our kids down and told them that we were getting divorced and that I was leaving. My daughter, being the oldest and wisest, stomped her foot and at 6 years old said, “No! Like Barney says, I love you, you love me, we’re a happy family.” I was shocked at what my 6 year old could comprehend about the situation. We were divorced a few days before Father’s Day and did it all on our own without attorneys, but not without incident.
     The night before the divorce hearing, my ex invited me to her apartment to see the kids and to have dinner. We had dinner and afterwards my ex wanted to watch a movie and she asked if I would go get one. I left and when I got back to her apartment, I knocked on the door and she wouldn’t let me in. I knocked a few more times and only heard her say, “He’s here! He’s Here!” She wouldn’t open the door and so I turned to leave. As I approached the stairs, there were six cops with guns pulled. They told me to put my hands up and slowly walk down the stairs. I did so until I reached the bottom and then they put me against the wall and handcuffed me. The cops asked me where the gun was. I told them that I didn’t have one on me. Well, long story short, my ex wife called the police when I was on my way back with the movie and she told 911 that I was in the parking lot waiving a gun around and then I came inside and was holding her and the kids hostage. They eventually let me go and then gave me a trespass warning telling me not to come back that night. I told them that I wasn’t EVER going back. My ex told me, about a year later, that her plan was to have me arrested and put in jail so that the divorce would be either delayed or dismissed. As I drove away from my ex’s, after almost being arrested, I got a call from a good friend. He gave me some really bad news that he had just learned from his wife. As if my night couldn’t get any worse, I found out that my ex had manipulated my own grandparents into paying for her to consult an attorney AGAINST me for our divorce. My own grandparents! I then left Stuart and drove straight to Jupiter to confront my grandparents. Let’s just say that it was not a good night. WOW!!!  I was so pissed off going into court the next day and was extremely glad when the divorce was final.

iChat Mediation invites you to come and learn more about having either your divorce conducted by one of our State Supreme Court Certified mediators or how you can become part of the most cutting edge virtual companies in the world. To learn more visit us online at http://www.ichatmediation.com or call us at 877-822-1479.
In the words of Lawton Chiles, “I didn’t come to stay, I came to make a difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment