Friday, May 27, 2011

Don’t Just Do the Job, Love The Job!


So what makes a good mediator? I believe it takes one who is not only skilled in legal writing and knowledge of the judicial system, but one who knows how to navigate emotions and is good with people. It is a careful balance of legal and psychological. At times a good mediator must simply sit and listen. They must be able to give good sound advice. They must be impartial and not show favor to either side. They must be able to control a room full of emotional human beings. At times being a mediator is a lot like dealing with crowd control. People need to speak and need to be able to release their emotions, but a good mediator must know when to jump in and not allow the emotions though to dominate the conversation which can lead to the mediation spiraling out of control. 
A good mediator must be able to memorialize the entire agreement in a legal document so that everything that is discussed and agreed upon can be read, understood and obeyed by each party. The document must be able to not only be understood by the parties, but it must be able to be interpreted, understood and able to be enforced by a court of law. A good mediator will not simply throw in the towel at the first sign of disagreement as if the parties agreed on issues, they would not be in mediation. A good mediator must not look at the mediation as a way to simply make money. A good mediator doesn't just do the job, he or she must love the job. As for me, I am a great mediator as I believe that I have been placed on this earth to mediate. For me, mediation is not what I do, but rather who I am as a person. I love what I do and you will see that when I conduct your mediation. I look forward to seeing you soon.
iChat Mediation invites you to come and learn more about having either your divorce conducted by one of our State Supreme Court Certified mediators or how you can become part of the most cutting edge virtual companies in the world. To learn more visit us online at http://www.ichatmediation.com or call us at 877-822-1479.
In the words of Lawton Chiles, “I didn’t come to stay, I came to make a difference.”


No comments:

Post a Comment