Monday, January 24, 2011

Time To Give Back


As most of you know I have tried my hardest to offer excellent family mediation services at a reasonable price which is why I offer my services at $180 an hour split between the parties for private mediation. In 2010, I took this one step further and decided to add another tier. The second tier is now to offer courthouse rates for private mediation to individuals that qualify. One thing that I do not offer and will continue not to offer is indigency status to a party in order to waive mediation fees. I find this unfair. For mediation, both parties must come to mediation and equally bear the cost of mediation to a neutral 3rd party. If one party has to pay and another does not is simply not fair. Not to mention, that many times when I worked in the courthouse, a party would come to mediation wearing $300 jeans, $150 designer shirt, $300 tennis shoes, carry a $350 designer purse or be wearing authentic designer shoes, yet they would ride the bus in order to have their fee waived. To add insult to injury, In mediation, this person, either male or female, would then claim they had no job and no money and therefore needed support, whether it be alimony or child support. I refuse to subscribe to such manipulation and dishonesty BUT there are times when individuals do need help. 
In late December 2010 I received a phone call from a law firm that I have done many mediations with and was asked if I knew anyone that would do pro bono family divorce mediation. They said they had called the court and couldn't get in for at least 3-4 months. They had called a few mediation companies and told absolutely not, no pro bono. In January 2011 I conducted the pro bono mediation for this firm. This couple had nothing. No home, no job, no possessions, no money and they needed help to move on and make sure that their children were taken care of. 
I created iMediate Inc. to help families in crisis. Not every family can be saved. Not every family can be put back together, healed and restored. I believe, that just like for me many years ago, every individual needs to be helped but more importantly they need to be heard. If you want a safe place to resolve your conflict and a safe place to voice your pain and frustration and are willing to work through the issues in order to transition to the next phase of your life, then call us at 877.822.1479 to schedule your family law mediator  today or visit us online at iChatMediation.com.


iChat Mediation invites you to come and learn more about having either your divorce conducted by one of our State Supreme Court Certified mediators or how you can become part of the most cutting edge virtual companies in the world. To learn more visit us online at http://www.ichatmediation.com or call us at 877-822-1479.




In the words of Lawton Chiles, “I didn’t come to stay, I came to make a difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment